Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Training Logs & Motivation

Living in a world of where we want (and are often able to get it at a price) instant gratification it is easy to sometimes lose motivation when we seem to be stagnating. The difference between whether we move forward from this point or not is how quickly we can get motivated again. There are a number of ways to get yourself focused again to start training but I find that going back and looking at how much I have improved in various areas of my cycling helps me to get back training again with a new spring in my step so to speak. To illustrate this point here are some of my stats from the first ride I took on the 26/06/2008 when I thought I would give cycling a go, compared to my last ride this weekend.

  • Date 26/06/2008 Distance 26.50km Time 1hr34min
  • Date 14/06/2009 Distance 161.60km Time 5h 33min

That is a huge improvement in my opinion (something like 400% improvement in distance) and if you asked me a year ago whether I would be able to ride over 160km on a bicycle I would have told you to stop teasing me, and let's just say go away.

If you don't use a log then start and if you do then just take a bit of time every now and then and reflect at your good work and give yourself a pat on the back.

I use http://mycyclinglog.com it is free and pretty user friendly with all sorts of graphs etc.

Have a good one and remember to Have Fun Don't Fall.....




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment